martes, 25 de marzo de 2008

tiempos modernos

Who wrote the phrase "No man is an island"? John Donne? John Milton? John F. Kennedy? Jon Bon Jovi?


Jon Bon Jovi. Too easy.
And, if I may say so, a complete load of bollocks.
In my opinion, all men are islands.
And what's more, now's the time to be one.
This is an island age.
A hundred years ago, you had to depend on other people.
No one had TV or CDs or DVDs or videos...
...or home espresso makers.
Actually, they didn't have anything cool.
Whereas now, you see...
...you can make yourself a little island paradise.
With the right supplies and the right attitude...
...you can be sun-drenched, tropical, a magnet...
...for young Swedish tourists.
Hi, it's Kristina. I haven't heard from you.
I had a great time last weekend. So give me a call, okay? 'Bye.
And I like to think that perhaps I am that kind of island.
I like to think I'm pretty cool.
I like to think I'm Ibiza.

About a Boy. Nick Hornby.

1 comentario:

...y quise ser como el verde! dijo...

Pfffffffff
increíble. Necesitaba un texto así en éste momento de mi vida. Pienso igual que el amigo Hornby.
Clara que está copado ser islas, y así flotando, mutando y nadando, vamos conociendo otras que hacen que nuestra vegetación crezca, alguna uqe otra flor se marchite, que sean días con un solazo espectacular, dias tropicales o que llueva o hayan nubes. y eso, eso hace que nuestra isla sea unica, copada, interesante y buena.
pero a no olvidarnos, si bien somos individuos, ergo individuales, no es recomendable vivir en soledad y ser solitarios, sin las relaciones con el resto de las islas, nada crecería en la nuestra!
he dicho!